welcome.

the image on top is "Welcome Home Sweet Sugar" by Kelsey Brooks

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Script

I was reading resources for teachers. This is an exercise. It's called "scripting", writing an image of your life as you would wish it to be.

I experience a huge sensation of embarrassment when it comes to talking about goals and ambitions, you know a "who am I to..?". The thing is, everyone does. Facing your dreams is just as hard as facing your fears. And just as worth it. So, here goes:

It is 2015. I am leading a retreat with twenty people and more in Costa Rica. We discuss concepts such as authenticity, structure versus flow as related to freedom versus responsibility, fully experiencing savasanah as a way of becoming more present in the moment.

I fly home. I wake up in my apartment in San Francisco which has a backwards running block, my fractal glowing through the window and all my bookshelves. I roll over on my mat and begin my morning yoga practice. Then, I tie up my long hair, and eat an apple while making a teccino cappucino before heading to my first class. I am teaching a 10:30 class at The Yoga Tree, which has twenty people and more, fifteen of whom are regulars. I move through mandalas and sequences, back-bending this morning, opening up the heart chakra, then move into an extended inversion and savasanah. At 1:30 I take a break and go get lunch and juice with a few colleagues and close friends. Then I teach an afternoon class at 4, and 5:30, this time I feel that the room is looking more for a refreshment of energy, there is more movement and repetition, gradually increasing the lenght of forward folds. I meet up with a close friend for dinner, then go teach a private lesson at 7, to a lady who is founding her first company at 65. I go home and enjoy the company of my close friends, as I plan a joint workshop with a musician friend.

In the morning, I attend a close friend's class, enjoy lunch, then teach another private lesson at 2. I go swiming before my 6 and 7:30 classes, then go home to cook dinner with a few friends. We have a run through of a new sequence that we want to try, rejoice in each other's company and plan our adventures.