welcome.

the image on top is "Welcome Home Sweet Sugar" by Kelsey Brooks

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Jenn Pici

Karma Yoga is a cleverly designed and operated studio in Cambridge, MA. In addition to many lovely rooms and classes, they also have a gym upstairs and a fair trade cafe. That makes your choice (hmmm, do I go outside or do I stay and soak up this positive energy forever?) that much easier.

My first class at Karma was Jenn Pici's hour at noon. Jenn's voice chimes well with her excellent aural tastes, as her sweet, inspirational tones resonates through the room.

What I loved about Jenn's class was it's flawless execution and impeccable timing. In one hour, Jenn warmed up our bodies with lively sun salutations, then brought us into deep hip work. I was pleasantly inspired by the twist we took to our open side in lizard, which I've never done before but opens up the front body.

I experienced a drop down into my central channel I was not expecting in such a short vinyasa class. A strange oh-am-I-there-yet-oh-I-think-I-am sensation. I hadn't expected to fall into meditation so quickly, nor finish class with the calmest state of mind.