welcome.

the image on top is "Welcome Home Sweet Sugar" by Kelsey Brooks

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blog for the choice


Taking a brief moment to applaud NARAL Pro-Choice America on Blog-for-the-choice. It caught my attention when my New York Times Headline this morning read "Lawmakers in Many States Pushing for Abortion Curbs". How "many" states? Well, according to the New York Times, 29 governors are now solidly anti-abortion, compared to 21 last year.

On the bright side, New York, the, uh, "abortion capital of America" according to Expectant Mother Care, is passing a new law that will make it easier to arrest protestors who are try to harass women or block their entrance to a center. Note, it does not arrest protestors. Just those who harass women and block entrance outside of clinics.

I don't know how my views are effected by a yogic perspective. Although yoga has generally made me more peaceful politically, when it comes to women's bodies, I can still get pretty riled up. But learning to balance and center in debate....that, too...