welcome.

the image on top is "Welcome Home Sweet Sugar" by Kelsey Brooks

Sunday, February 7, 2010

YTTP hot yoga

The YTTP hot studio is my frequently courted beloved, but since every yoga experience is different (particularly the one I'm about to describe), here goes;

A little background information:

4 drinks last night, a seemingly unremarkable quantity, but more than I've had in ages, that's for sure.
I've kept my contacts in for three days.
I had perhaps a bloody mary and a half while still drunk, a tremendous amount of salt.
A tremendous amount of sugar (but let's be real here, can that really have dire consequences? Especially if it was the most beautiful, sparkly fair trade organic brown sugar? I mean, really?).
Potentially not enough air, or overly dry air. Although I would love to blame it on that, I think it was the contacts.

Anyway, I just got this pounding headache. And not just a headache. An overall oh-shit-am-I-dying-can-I-breathe-through-this-fuck-don't-think-all-thought-hurt-stop-thinking-stop-thinking. And the rest of my body followed suit as well. Last time this happened to me was at a YTTP retreat, though it wasn't as bad. I was really happy that Emalia was teaching, because although all the YTTP teachers are amazing, Emalia has this "Oh, I'll take care of you, you're totally safe here" quality about her (maternal projection, much?).

I was shaking throughout practice, and took many and many a child's pose, but when I was done, my headache was gone.

I swear, yoga cures everything. Apart from being late to class.