welcome.

the image on top is "Welcome Home Sweet Sugar" by Kelsey Brooks

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jivamukti 1

It was my first class at Jivamukti, and I was really excited, but I felt like I didn't gather as much as I could have from the class. I was caught really off-guard by a first few statements that the teacher made. He said something along the lines of- and this is a direct quote by no means- that if someone is leaving you feeling heavy, perhaps it's time that you took off from that person. This is a subject I've spent years debating, and so it kinda annoyed me to be back in that head-space. It's my responsibility as a yoga practitioner to quickly shrug these things off, and part of my practice is to master that skill, but although it was good practice, I stayed in my head debating for a good first fifteen minutes or so. I didn't feel incredibly connected to my body at the end.