welcome.

the image on top is "Welcome Home Sweet Sugar" by Kelsey Brooks

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Biography for Dashama's Book

Dashama is a florida-based fairy whose enthusiasm is powerful and healing. She is writing a book and asking her yoga community to contribute. Here's my take.

----
Maitri
----

Maitri is a sanscrit word meaning unconditional friendliness, and compassion.

This is my intention, and my life is a balancing act of finding the right practices, tools and thoughts to make this purpose flourish.

When I went to NYU, I studied a smorgasbord of eastern and western philosophy, social theory and criticism, linguistics, story-telling, and conceptual physics, amongst other things. I went to Gallatin, where you study at any of New York University’s seven schools, and create your own concentration. Mine is “The Relationship Between Honesty and Desire”.

I desire to empower people all over the world using yoga and therapy. I want to practice yoga activism both at home and abroad, and share the faculty of yoga with everyone.

For this I hone the skill set of awareness and integrity. Awareness is the beginning; stepping into your body and breath to notice the quality of ones sensations, emotions and thoughts. Then, the difficulty lies in expression. Which words and actions are the best descriptors of these variable and enigmatic sensations within me? Try to be as accurate as possible. This is the honesty. Then, actively seek to align your actions with your beliefs. This is the integrity.

I have been teaching yoga since 2010, and every day my commitment to the practice gets deeper and deeper. It is truly the most powerful transformational tool that I’ve ever encountered, whether for social activism, personal development or for precious health.

May you have the courage to live each breath joyously.
May you have gratitude for your heart’s presence.
May you dive deep into inner knowledge, surf your emotions, and explore subconscious shores.

With love,

Maitri

Mona Asinovski
www.yogamona.com
508-963-1483
stretchinprogress.blogspot.com
@sun_salutations

PS: Posts to come; Luna Love & Yoga Nidra, Hot 8 Yoga, and more and more marvelous insights on this fascinating and strange experience I seem to have all the time.