welcome.

the image on top is "Welcome Home Sweet Sugar" by Kelsey Brooks

Friday, July 29, 2011

East/West Distinctions?

I've found an interesting East-West distinction. Well, perhaps this an East/West US thing... perhaps it is an effect of the yoga practice, but now more so I feel that I am meeting people who are extremely open, accepting, and have a sense of ease regarding time. It hasn't sunk into my behavior fully yet, so I am still introducing myself with a rapid outburst of information, still as if my body can barely contain itself, in a desperate effort to expand.

It is in my intent to find a good balance between expansion and acceptance. The point is I remember catching myself as I was speaking, taking up time in a yoga class, and Govindas saying it was quite allright. The culture is less frought than in California, it seems. Perhaps.