welcome.

the image on top is "Welcome Home Sweet Sugar" by Kelsey Brooks

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Samadhi Newton

Samadhi is run by two therapists: how incredibly is that? I think yoga and therapy must absolutely be blended, and maybe one day I'll even venture into the field myself....

I took John Churchill's class this morning, which was intense not in a "power" way, but intense in Natasha's way, complete calm and mindfulness held just a bit longer than you may desire.

When we went into pigeon, I love how John talked about "parenting yourself"- being there for yourself in uncomfortable situations in a loving and kind manner.

In other words "if your right hip hurts and you wish the pain would just piss off, you aren't being kind to yourself".

I've also taken Nicole's cosmic pulse class, which was SO much fun. Absurdly playful and super healing. I ran into class just on time and joined in the flowing movements. About halfway through, she had us move about the room and interact with the space....everyone there was so open minded, it was safe to express yourself through any movements that came to mind.

Also, the studio runs on wind power, it has a Japanese sand garden at the entrance and a huge, comfortable "living room" with lots of great reading material. It lives up to its name.